Saturday, March 21, 2015

Frame your mind.


"Father, fill my every spare moment with thoughts of you and your love for me. I want to ponder your Word and your glory in my heart all day long."


This is such a relatable plea. I'm starting to make an intentional goal of purposely dwelling and marveling in the good. It's so easy to constantly replay things that didn't make us feel good. But how much better would we feel if we used the same energy and time to purposely focus on the good? I don't want to live my life being bitter, jealous, spiteful, depressed, isolated, fearful, or unmotivated. 

If only we could take the time to TRULY realize that despite the bad, there's always good. I truly believe that we can make a situation much worse than it actually is. I've definitely been guilty of thinking about a negative situation, then thinking about the "what ifs", and in return becoming more upset about things that COULD have happened. 

I don't want to be the "negative nancy" that everyone tries to stay away from because my negative spirit is so thick and dampens other's moods by just being around me. I want to be filled with the things of Christ so that HIS light shines through me even in dark places. How many times have you been in such a good mood, but then you go around a person and they're upset or just down, and your mood quickly shifts to that gloomy mood? Now think about a time where you were feeling down, but you went around someone that was full of energy and bubbly...didn't it lighten your mood (even if just a little).

I'm done with the negative. My mission is to constantly seek and chase the positive. Life is beautiful. GOD IS AMAZING. Just thinking about who God is and what He's capable of is enough to make me full of joy. If only we can just continuously hold God and His truths in our heart, oh how brightly we would shine....

So join me in this challenge: 
The moment you start thinking about something negative or you feel a situation impacting you in a negative way, CAST DOWN THOSE THOUGHTS and start thinking about God's promises. Fight back. Don't let those fickle emotions or toxic thoughts run you....GOD IS BIGGER THAN IT ALL!!!










No comments:

Post a Comment