Friday, November 9, 2012

Thirsty for more and more...of YOU


                9:03am

November 9, 2012

California

Currently Listening to Kierra Sheard: Desire

 

As I read my bible and such this morning, for some reason, one of the things that really stuck out to me was the very first verse from Psalm 63. It took me back to a few times when I didn’t really “feel” God’s presence, and I felt so empty. It took me back to the times when I couldn’t really pray, and I longed for that fire that I once felt to be ignited again.

Psalm 63:1 (King James Version) says: O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is;

Two other versions of this very verse, in simpler terms are:

Psalm 63:1 (New Living Translation) - O God, you are my God; I earnestly search for you. My soul thirsts for you; my whole body longs for you in this parched and weary land where there is no water.

Psalm 63:1 (Amplified Bible)- O GOD, You are my God, earnestly will I seek you; my inner self thirsts for You, my flesh longs and is faint for You, in a dry and weary land where no water is.

Ok, take a journey with me real quick.  Envision yourself in the middle of a really hot desert, let’s say 100+ degrees, and you haven’t had anything to eat or drink for two weeks. No water, no bread, nothing. Imagine the sun just beaming down, no shade, no pools, no lakes, and no stores, no communication with anyone. Just YOU. That would really be horrible. After two weeks without at least some water, imagine how you would feel. I know I would be so weak, fragile, empty, drained, lonely, barely feeling like I can make it through another day or even wanting to, and let’s not forget just extremely emotional. I would probably just lay there and weep.

How many times have you felt like this with a fridge filled with beverages and food? How many times have you felt just empty? Lonely? Over everything?

This verse and entire Psalm just reminded me how often God has met me in the very place I was when I desperately seeked Him. How many times he has filled me up when I went to him pouring out and just being honest with Him about how empty or upset I felt. How many times I would just get into that quiet place and really just want more of Him despite how good my day was.

Just as I would desperately want and need food and water in that desert after two weeks, I want to always be desperate for that same refill from God daily. I want to continue to desire Him and just embrace being in His presence. His peace is overwhelming and surpasses all understanding.  (Philippians 4:7) It is an amazing feeling and the refill that he provides isn’t temporary. John 4:14 says:  But those who drink the water I give will never be thirsty again. It becomes a fresh, bubbling spring within them, giving them eternal life.”
Life isn’t always the easiest. People aren’t always the nicest. Situations don’t always turn out how we want them to, but despite all that, GOD is still good and his love and comfort can completely wipe out any negative feelings. I just wanted to encourage everyone, the next time you are going through something, instead of running to a friend, or instead of seeking out some sort of void filler (sex, smoking, drinking, cursing someone out, etc.), SEEK God. I know there are times when the last thing you want to do is pray, but it is sooooo refreshing.  I’ve also experienced times where I couldn’t even pray because I was so heavy, but I can assure you God still stepped in. He can hear your heart’s cry, even if you can’t utter a word.  

God will meet you where you are. Give Him that opportunity. God bless you all and I pray that God will consume you with His love, joy, and peace.

Jeremiah 29:13 says “If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me. 

 

 

Twitter: LadyDshay

Facebook: Alesha D’shay

No comments:

Post a Comment