Monday, April 13, 2015

The Rock.

24 “Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. 26 But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. 27 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.”

This verse was something that spoke deeply to me this morning for various reasons. It was an amazing reminder that I can’t find the stability that I’m wanting so badly outside of Christ. The things of this world MIGHT sustain me for a little, but it will always always always fail me. We have to stop placing so much trust and energy into our own “willpower” and even other people and things. When we know better, but don’t do better, we reap the consequences of that. These verses don’t tell me that troubles WON’T come, but it does remind me that if I place my heart, soul, and mind on the right foundation (Christ), I can get through it. I may sway and I may even begin to topple a little, BUT He will be there to catch me before I fall. He’s solid and He’s unmovable. He’s strong where I’m not. It just reminds me that He truly has my back if I allow Him to handle the things that I can’t. Now if I choose to ignore the things I KNOW, it shouldn't be a surprise when I fall flat on my face. He has presented Himself, so it’s up to me to choose to be deeply rooted in HIS foundation. Not my own. Not my friend’s. Not my little boo. Not family. But HIM!

Partial obedience is still disobedience. So we can choose to walk in the truth that we know or continue to sink in the things we know aren't helping us to move forward.

Such a bittersweet reminder.


What/Who is your foundation built on?



No comments:

Post a Comment