Saturday, April 18, 2015

I'm not driving anymore. I gave God the keys.



This is such a simple instruction, yet so hard to follow. 

As I kept re reading this verse, this scenario came to mind. 

Picture yourself in a car. You're the driver which means you control the wheel, the gas, and the break. 

Now picture yourself as a passenger or backseat rider. You have no control over when the car moves, stops, or which direction it goes. 

These verses make me think of being the passenger rider and God being the driver of my life. If I choose to trust Him with my whole heart, that means He has complete control. I can't jump over and try to take control of the wheel when things aren't moving fast enough. I can't try to control the wheel when I think I should be going a different route to get to a certain destination quicker. 

What if it's not in God's road map for my life for me to go in that route I've been planning for the past week? What if He wants me to take a different route because there's people in the other direction I need to stop and chat with while passing through? What if that other direction I'm trying so hard to avoid is exactly what's going to get me to that beautiful island that I didn't even know existed?

I truly believe that wherever He leads me, He will make sure I'm protected. I would much rather follow His lead and be protected, than go off on my own path and find myself in trouble that I could have avoided. 
We often look at delays and certain road blocks as rejection. When you think about it, when something is blocked off, there's usually some kind of danger or not so safe things that await if you enter. When you see men on the side of the road working and they have the cones blocking the street, it's because they're reconstructing. There's probably potholes and all that they know if anyone runs into wouldn't be the most safe for the driver. So they begin smoothing the roads out or making for a more safe travel experience for anyone that will have to take that route. 

It's like we don't realize that God isn't trying to just be a bully and say I CONTROL YOU. But more so like, Hey...just sit back and chill. I got you in my protection and you're in my care. What are you tensing up for? What are you tripping about that roadbloack for? I can easily get us through that without throwing us off course. We will still make it to the final destination. If you allow ME to do this, YOU'RE GOOD. 

I'm learning to get Alesha's ways and thoughts out of the journey and just sit back and enjoy the ride. I'm learning to slowly but surely release my grip on the wheel. I'm experiencing so much more peace when I'm truly at rest in Him.

I think if we stop looking at surrendering as a scary thing or looking at it as OMG, I have no more control and I don't know what the heck is about to happen, it may be a little easier for us to take our hands off the wheel....Instead reframe your mind and realize that His control is a protection plan. He's like that top notch car insurance on the journey...




No comments:

Post a Comment