Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Humility.





This simple statement below is something that I have to remind myself of DAILY. It’s so easy to begin thinking that just because I’m not doing this or that, it means that I have the upper hand or am better than the next. FALSE. God doesn’t measure sin on a grading scale. Sin is sin. PERIOD. So before I start thinking that my works and my goody too shoe attitude puts me above the next, Lord HUMBLE ME! That’s a continuous prayer I pray. I remember a time when I was so deep in my Word and I was at such an amazing place in my walk with Christ. Although it’s definitely a wise decision to watch the company you keep, that doesn't mean look down on people or ever think you’re better than the next. I remember so clear that I just KNEW I could withstand this particular temptation and sure enough, I walked in head first and FELL flat on my head. WHOA. Not Ms. Perfect. Ha! So I constantly remind myself that I must NEVER become prideful. There’s nothing that I can conquer in my own strength. There’s nothing that comes because I’m some perfect lady in God’s eyes. Even when I’m so undeserving, He still blesses me. That in itself should be enough to humble me. Even when I am a mess, He still accepts me and wants to make me pure. So before I judge or even fix my mouth to down talk the next, I pray God opens my eyes and heart to always remember Without Him, I AM NOTHING.






No comments:

Post a Comment